+ 40 to-10
+ 5 to -23
-18 to -54
OE/HDO Lubricating oil,
M - Monthly
OEA Lubricating oil, ice,
GAA Grease, Automotive
S - Semiannually
(MIL-G-10924F) and artillery
21. REVERSE GEAR OIL FILTER. Drain oil from reverse gear reservoir (See Note 26). Remove filter element and
install new element. Fill reverse gear reservoir with 24 qts (22.7 liters) of OE/HDO. Operate engine 5 minutes. Check
for leaks, check reservoir oil level and bring to full mark.
22. CRANKCASE DRAIN. Do not drain oil into bilges; use oil separation system to collect drained oil.
23. OIL CAN POINTS. Lubricate control linkages, devises, pins and all exposed adjusting threads with OE/HDO.
24. OVERSPEED GOVERNOR. Do not lubricate the overspeed governor while the engine is operating.
excessive lubrication. Add 5 or 6 drops of OE/HDO to hinge-type cap oiler or oil cups.
25. ENGINE OIL FILTERS. Drain oil from crankcase (See note 20). Remove filter elements, clean housings and install
new elements. Fill crankcase with 34 qts (32.2 liters) of OE/HDO. Operate engine 5 minutes. Check for leaks, check
crankcase oil level and bring to full mark.
26. REVERSE GEAR OIL DRAIN. Do not drain oil into bilges. Use oil separation system to collect drained oil.
Card 21 of 30