Answer the following questions briefly
13. The frequency of an alternating current is the number of cycles completed in how many seconds?
14. When operating a generator with no load at 60 cycles, a load is applied and there is a cycle drop, they
frequently can be corrected by turning what droop adjustment?
15. You must provide power for nine 100-watt light bulbs In a messhall, what KW capacity must the generator set
16. When using a three-phase generator set to operate a three-phase motor, if the motor rotates in the wrong
direction, what can you do to correct it?
17. When a generator nameplate shows the generator is rated for 120/208 volts, and 240/416 volts, where can
you determine which voltage connection is being used if the generator is not operating?
18. If a generator is connected for 120/208 volt operation, where do you obtain the 120 volts, and where do you
obtain the 208 volts?
19. If the circuit breaker on a generator set interrupts power to a circuit, what is the most common reason?
20. If a generator is operating normally and not overloaded, but the wires going to the load are warm, what is
21. When selecting a DC generator for a specific job what are the two most important considerations?
22. When selecting an AC generator for a specific Job what are the four most important considerations?
23. If you have a 25 KW, 60 cycle power requirement on one circuit, and you have two ea 15 KW 60 cycle
generators, how can you furnish the required power?
24. A man is unconscious from an electrical shock, what should you do, and In what order?
25. How is phase unbalance corrected?
TEST SOLUTIONS FOR GENERATORS
Interchange any two motor leads (wires)
At the reconnection panel
The 120 volts is obtained between any line and the neutral, and the 208 volts between any two lines
The generator IS overloaded
The wires are too small
The operating voltage and the KW rating
The KW rating
The frequency (50-60 or 400 cycles)
The number of phases