30. Name the component used to remove water vapor from the air stream during the compression stages.
31. Why are the air dryers necessary in an oxygen-nitrogen generating plant?
32. List the process which air must undergo prior to actual separation of the components into the liquid state.
33. During normal plant operation, what valve controls the liquid level in the high pressure column?
34. What conditions are necessary for heat exchange?
35. What is the method of heat exchange used in oxygen generating plants?
36. What are the three methods by which heat exchange may take place?
37. The temperature at which a liquid will vaporize at a given pressure is known as __________________.
38. On a generating plant having the capability of filling gas cylinders, what is the function of the product pump?
39. An appreciable difference in pressure between the product pump discharge gage on the separator panel and
the charging manifold gage is an indication of what?
40. How should air pressure be built up or reduced in air drier cylinders?
41. What is the importance of assuring a flow through the reactivation heater prior to turning the heater on?
42. A gradually increasing difference between the discharge pressure of the air compressor(s) and the pressure at
the inlet to the air expansion valve is an indication of what?
43. For varying heat loads in a refrigeration system, the device which will allow a given maximum flow of
refrigerant for a certain maximum heat load is known as a ____________________________.
44. What four functions does the fuel Injector of a diesel engine perform?
45. A machine which converts mechanical energy into electrical energy is known as what?
46. What chemicals are used In the oxygen purity test solution?
47. What color coding is used to identify an oxygen cylinder?
48. What immediate action should be taken if any portion of the body or clothing is exposed to a chemical?
49. What items of protective clothing should a person wear when handling liquid oxygen or nitrogen in an open
TEST SOLUTIONS FOR OXYGEN-NITROGEN GENERATING PLANTS
Change 3 C-3