Figure 4-53. Hydraulic starting motor removal.
Figure 4-54. Hydraulic starting solenoid valve, hull
numbers 8500 thru 8519.
(2) Connect the hydraulic lines to the
hydraulic starting motor.
Make cure the lines and fittings a dean before any
connections are made.
4-64. Solenoid Valve (Hull Numbers 8500 thru
a. General. The solenoid valves are used to
control the hydraulic starting motors on hull numbers
8500 thru 8519. They can be actuated electrically from
the pilot house or manually in the engine room.
b. Removal (fig. 4-54).
(1) Close accumulator valves.
(2) Relieve pressure in lines.
(3) Remove and tag electrical connections.
(4) Remove hydraulic lines from solenoid
(5) Remove solenoid valve from bracket.
c. Installation. Install solenoid valve in reverse
Figure 4-55. Hydraulic starting control valve, hull
order of removal.
numbers 8520 thru 8539.
4-65. Hydraulic Starting Control Valve (Hull
Numbers 8520 thru 8539)
(1) Disconnect pilot house cable at valve.
(2) Close accumulator valves.
a. General. This is a mechanically actuated control
(3) Relieve pressure in lines.
valve used to control the hydraulic starting motors on hull
(4) Remove hydraulic lines from control valve.
numbers 8520 thru 8539. The valves are mounted aft on
(5) Remove control valve from bracket.
the inboard engines and can be actuated at the valve by
c. Installation. Install control valve in reverse order
pushing the control lever or from the pilot house by
pulling on the cable control. See figure 4-55.