Nonreparable item. When unserviceable, condemn and dispose of the item at the level of mainenance
shown in 3d position of SMR Code.
Reparable item. When not economically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item unit or aviation
Reparable item. When uneconomically reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the direct su -
port or aviation intermediate level
Reparable item. When uneconomicaly reparable, condemn and dispose of the item at the general su -
Reparable item. When beyond lower level repair capability, return to depot. Condemnation and diposal
of item not authorized below depot level.
Reparable item. Condemnation and disposal not authorized below specialized repair activity (SRA).
Item requires special handling or condemnation procedures because of specific reasons (e.g., precious
metal content, high dollar value, critical material, or hazardous material). Refer to appropriate man -
als/directives for specific instructions.
c. CAGEC (Column (3)). The Commercial and Government Entity Code (CAGEC) is a 5-digit numeric
code which is used to identify the manufacturer, distributor, or Government agency, etc., that supplies the item.
d. PART NUMBER (Column (4)). Indicates the primary number used by the manufacturer, (individual,
company, firm, corporation, or Government activity), which controls the design and characteristics of the item by
means of its engineering drawings, specifications standards, and inspection requirements to identify an item or
range of items.
When you use an NSN to requisition an item, the item you receive may have a
different part number from the part ordered.
e. DESCRIPTION AND USABLE ON CODE (UOC) (Column (5). This column includes the following n-
(1) The Federal item name and, when required, a minimum description to identify the item.
(2) The physical security classification of the item is indicated by the parenhetical entry, e.g., PhySec
C1 - Confidential, PhySec C1 (S) - Secret, PhySec C1 CT) - Top Secret.
(3) Items that are included in kits and sets are listed below the name of the kit or set.
(4) Spare/repair parts that make up an assembled item are listed immediately following the assembled
item line entry.
(5) Part numbers for bulk materials are referenced in this column in the line item entry for the item to be
(6) When the item is not used with all serial numbers of the sa e model, the effective serial numbers
are shown on the last line(s) of the description (before UOC).
(7) The usable on code, when applicable (see paragraph 5, Special Information).