The raised bead of the gasket must be toward the air intake connection.
(3) Install gasket (42) and air intake connection (41).
(4) Install two flat washers (36), lockwashers (35), hexagon head capscrews (32), six flat washers (40),
lockwashers (39), and hexagon head capscrews (38). Hand tighten capscrews.
(5) Tighten intake air manifold capscrews (21) to 20 ft-lb (25 N m) in the sequence shown in FIG. 2-
54. When complete, use the same sequence to retighten capscrews to 35 ft-lb (45 Nm).
(6) Tighten air intake connection capscrews (32 and 38) to 125 in-lb (15 N m) using the sequence
shown in FIG. 2-54. When complete use the same sequence to retighten capscrews to 20 ft-lb (25
(7) Position two preformed packings (14, FIG. 2-52) and plain seal (13) on metallic tube (15.
Lubricate seal with clean engine lube oil. Install tube (15) on air crossover connection (12).
(8) Install air crossover connection (17) non-metallic tube (15). Push connection on tube as far as
possible. Install pipe plug (16).
The raised bead of the gasket must be toward the crossover connection.
Install gasket (18) and air crossover connection (17) on intake air manifold (19).
(10) Install four flat washers (26), lockwashers (27) and machine bolts (28). Tighten to 20 ft-lb 25
Perform the following steps if replacing the right front or left rear intake air
(11) Position crankcase breather (1, FIG. 2-53). Install two flat washers (2), lockwashers (3) and
capscrews (4). Tighten to 30 ft-lb (40 N m).
Ensure hose is positioned so there is enough length for the clamp to fasten the
hose above or below the head on the tubes.