Install piston cooling nozzles (36, FIG. 4-75).
(1) Install preformed packing (37) on nozzle (36). Lubricate preformed packing with clean engine lube oil.
The notch in the nozzle must be aligned so that the head of the
self locking screw (35) will fit in the notch.
(2) Install nozzle (36) in block. Push nozzle in bore until the flange on the nozzle touches the block.
(3) Install self locking screw (35). Torque screw to 96 in-lb (10 N ).
(4) Install pipe plug (34). Torque to 120 in-lb (15 N ).
Install piston cooling regulator (65) and oil jumper cover (51).
The oil jumper cover gasket (50) does not have a rib in the
center. The piston cooling regulator gasket (66) does have a rib
in the center. The correct gasket must be installed with the
proper part or the engine will fail due to lack of lubrication.
The parts are installed on the engine bank opposite the oil filter
(1) Install oil jumper cover gasket (50), oil jumper cover (51), washers (54), lockwashers (52), and machine
bolts (53). Torque machine bolts to 30 ft-lb (40 N ).
(2) Install piston cooling regulator gasket (66), piston cooling regulator (65), washers (64), lockwashers
(63), and machine bolts (62). Torque machine bolts to 30 ft-lb (40 N ).
Install components on cylinder block (1, FIG. 4-75). Refer to procedures in chapters 2, 3, and 4.
b. Install engine (para. 3-12).