SECTION II. EQUIPMENT DESCRIPTION AND DATA
Equipment Characteristics, Capabilities, and Features. The major characteristics, capabilities, and
features of the ORCA II-24 sanitation system are as follows.
(1) Self-contained (with exception of chlorine storage tank, commode
warning light, and remote status indicator panel).
(2) Electrically operated.
(4) Sewage processing unit.
b. Capabilities and Features.
(1) Collects, treats, and discharges sewage waste.
(2) Operates with salt, brackish, or fresh water.
(3) Has warning system to indicate tank full conditions.
(4) Provides sanitary service for up to 24 people.
Under no condition may the sewage handling capacity of the individual system be
An overload condition could cause damage to other system
Location and Description of Major Components. FIGURE 1-1 shows the location and description of
major components. The following information concerns dataplates on components in the marine sanitation
a. Recording Identification Data. Serial numbers and model numbers are shown on dataplates on the
equipment. Since wear may cause dataplates (nameplates) or stencils on the equipment to become
unreadable, serial numbers, model numbers, Control Parts List (CPL) numbers, and other
appropriate data should be recorded. This information is important when servicing and when
replacing or ordering parts.
b. Location of Dataplates (Nameplates).
(1) Sanitation Device. The dataplate is located on the left side of the external framework on the
electrical junction box (control module assembly) end of the unit.