a. Check all maritime cable terminals for tightness in the control module assembly (paragraph 2-17).
b. Check all cable connections to pump motors, solenoids, and the waste disposer for tightness.
Visually check the maritime cable wires for worn insulation. Repair or replace the appropriate
maritime cable as required. Refer to repair or removal and replacement steps in this procedures.
(Refer to FIGURE 2-15 to identify the attaching point of each cable.)
a. The procedure for disconnecting the cable from each of the pumps and the waste disposer is the
same. Refer to FIGURE 2-15 for pump locations, and remove the cable from the appropriate pump
(1) Loosen the cable connector (3, FIGURE 2-15) at the electrical connection box on the pump.
(2) Remove the electrical box cover from the pump and disconnect the wires from the pump
terminals. Tag all wires so that they can be returned to the same terminals on the pump
when installing the new cable.
(3) Remove the locknut from the cable connector (3) on the inside of the electrical box cover.
Withdraw the cable (1, FIGURE 2-15) and connector from the cover.
(4) Remove the conduit elbow (2) from the end of the cable. Remove the connector and gasket
(5) Disconnect the other end of the cable from the circuit board in the control module assembly.
Refer to FIGURE 2-14 for identification on pump terminals in the control module assembly.
(6) Loosen the appropriate cable connector on the control module assembly and withdraw the
cable (paragraph 2-17).
(7) All wires should now be disconnected. Remove the cable from the sanitary unit.
b. The procedures for disconnecting the cable from the chlorination solenoid and the backwash solenoid
are the same except where noted. Refer to FIGURE 2-15 for solenoid locations. Remove the cable
from the appropriate solenoid as follows:
(1) Loosen the cable connector (4, FIGURE 2-15) on the solenoid.
(2) Remove the cover plate (5), tag and disconnect the wiring from the solenoid. Note the
locations of each wire on the solenoid terminals so that they can be returned to the same
position on the new cable.