e. Remove pump casing clamping lug machine bolts (19), lugs (20), and remove
rotating assembly, motor and adapter, leaving pump casing connected in
To remove pump motor from adapter and rotating assembly, perform the
(1) Remove impeller nut (26) holding impeller (24) by outside diameter.
(2) Remove impeller (24) from the shaft.
(3) Remove spacer sleeve (22), stuffing box gland nuts (18), stuffing box
cover machine bolts (32), and cover from the adapter and shaft assembly.
The mechanical seal should now be exposed on the
shaft sleeve. In some cases, the shaft sleeve may
come off the shaft with the stuffing box cover. If
this happens, gently press or pull the shaft sleeve
and mechanical seal from the stuffing box toward
motor side of the stuffing box cover. This will
expose the mechanical seal.
(4) Remove mechanical seal (13) from the shaft sleeve (15).
(5) Examine mechanical seal for damage and replace as required.
If the shaft sleeve is not easily removed, a puller
may be used.
(6) Remove gland (14), shaft sleeve (15), and deflector (16) from
the motor shaft.
g. Remove the bolts (19) which attach the adapter (9) to the pump.
h. Adapter must be removed.
a. Mount motor adapter (9) on motor assembly with drain hole on the bottom
and install adapter machine bolts (4) to a snug fit, allowing for final
alignment to the motor shaft.
b. To accomplish final alignment of the motor adapter, perform the following