(2) Install the impeller key (21) into the keyway on the impeller side of
the motor shaft.
(3) Slide the pump impeller (24) onto the motor shaft.
(4) Screw the impeller nut (26) onto the pump shaft. Finger tighten.
(5) Hold the outside diameter of the impeller (24) and tighten (clockwise as
viewed from the suction inlet) the impeller nut (26) to 25 ft-lb.
(6) Secure gland (34) evenly against the stuffing box.
Place the preformed packing casing seal (30) around the prefomed packing
seat on the stuffing box cover.
Carefully slide the motor, motor adapter, and stuffing box assembly into
the casing being sure not to pinch the casing seal.
Insert the capscrews and clamping lugs through the frame and into the
casing to hold the motor adapter to the casing.
Tighten opposite capscrews evenly around the adapter until the stuffing
box has been drawn evenly into the casing.
Alternately torque each capscrew to 25 ft-lbs torque.
Connect the suction (9) and discharge (7) piping bypass tube assembly (22)
with fittings into the pump.
Secure the foundation.
See the replacement procedures in paragraph 2-12 for further procedures.
SECTION VI. PREPARATION FOR STORAGE OR SHIPMENT
Refer to Chapter 2, Section VI.