MAINTENANCE OF HALON FIREFIGHTING SYSTEM
3-11. Service Halon Subsystem, Paint Locker and Main Machinery Room; Carbon Dioxide Cylinders.
This task covers:
INITIAL SETUP :
Tool kit, general mechanic's,
Pull boxes tagged "Out of Service - Do
Lifting yoke P/N 42432
Refer to cylinder for correct weight.
Weight scale P/N 53711
Warning tags, Item 1, Appendix C
a. Paint Locker.
(1) Install pin (7) in release lever (4).
(2) Disconnect cable (5) from cable mount (6) on release lever.
(3) Unscrew and remove release lever from cylinder valve (3).
(4) Disconnect discharge hose (1) from cylinder valve at hose connector (2).
(5) Install lifting yoke (8) at bottom of cylinder valve (3).
(6) Remove four hex plain nuts (13), lockwashers (12), and hexhead capscrews (11) securing
cylinder tank (9) and straps (10).
(7) Remove cylinder straps from cylinder channels (14).
Use an overhead support bracket or rail to weigh carbon dioxide cylinder.
(8) Attach weigh scale assembly (16, 17) and lifting yoke (8) to overhead support bracket or rail