5-33. ENGINE ASSEMBLY-REMOVAL AND RUN IN-MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS (Continued)
ENGINE RUN-IN INSTRUCTIONS (Cont)
(a) Certain instrumentation is necessary so that
data required to complete the Engine Test
Report may be obtained. The following list
contains both the minimum amount of instruments
and the proper location of the fittings on the
engine so that the readings represent a true
evaluation of engine conditions.
1. Oil pressure gage instal ed in one of the en-
gine main oil galleries.
2. Oil temperature gage installed in the oil pan,
or thermometer installed in the dipstick hole
the oil pan.
3. Adaptor for connecting a pressure gage or mer-
cury manometer to the engine air box.
4. Water temperature gage installed in the water
5. Adaptor for connecting a pressure gage or
water manometer to the crankcase.
6. Adaptor for connecting a pressure gage or mer-
cury manometer to the exhaust manifold at the
7. Adaptor for connecting a vacuum gage or water
manometer to the blower inlet.
8. Adaptor for connecting a fuel pressure gage to
the fuel manifold inlet passage.