2-1. General. The basic engines assembled to the hydraulic reverse gears are compatible between both MOD0 and
MOD-1 Vessels The hang on components determine the correct hull engine compartment arrangement to which the
power unit will adapt The differences in the power units are clarified in paragraph 2-2 "Technical Data"
2-2. Technical Data. A. MOD-O Configuration
(1) Table 2-1 lists those items that are peculiar to the LCM-8, MOD-0 engine power unit (Port and Starboard)
(3) Tables 2-2 and 2-3 contain a list of Detroit Diesel Allison Division of General Motors (DDAD) assigned type
numbers for components for the Port and Starboard Power Units
(4) Figure 2-5 is an installation plan for MOD-0 LCM 8 engines utilizing components shown in Table 2-1
b Publications for MOD-O LCM 8, E/I 1905-00-267-1097.
c MOD-1 Configuration.
(1) Table 2-4 lists those items that are peculiar to the LCM-8 MOD-1 Engine Power Units (Port and Starboard)
(3) Tables 2-5 and 2-6 contain a list of DDAD assigned type numbers for components for the Port and Starboard
(4) Figure 2-8 is an installation plan for MOD-1 LCM 8 engines utilizing components shown in Table 2-4
d. Publication for MOD-I LCM 8, E/I 1905-00-935-6057